Hudd 810 special

CG_Fishes

am I the only one who has had the idea to cut the tail of the 10" hudd and mend it to the 8" hudd kinda like the 68 but on a larger scale, shame the 10" hudds are so expensive or i think that this could catch on for sure, if youve tried it let me know how it worked for you

Just now, VolunteerSwimbaits said:

•0• <-- my face.

Never thought about that haha.

I just thought of this and I was like damn, I wish I could afford to buy those but i bet that someone would atleast like to hear my idea

5 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

Yeah there's a video on YouTube of a guy using plaster of Paris to create a mold for the tails.  So he just keep making 10 inch hudd tails. Which is not a a bad idea if you tear a lot tails off.

thats actually a really good idea, i might have to use that for all my hudds just in case

22 minutes ago, Niki814 said:

I thought about it when the 10" came out. But its to much $  if some one molds a 10" tail that would be badass!! Im not buying a 10" just to mold the tail. I suck with a hudd so it would be pointless for me to do that.lol

i honestly bet people could make big bucks off of selling hudd tail molds

1 hour ago, Niki814 said:

I thought about it when the 10" came out. But its to much $  if some one molds a 10" tail that would be badass!! Im not buying a 10" just to mold the tail. I suck with a hudd so it would be pointless for me to do that.lol

I'm not a hudd guy alpha trouts all day for me. All my alpha fish look like this even the 3 pounders. Till then Im not making a mold but the plaster of Paris seems like a very good alternative and cheap to make molds.

KIMG0077.JPG

1 minute ago, basssavage24/7 said:

I'm not a hudd guy alpha trouts all day for me. All my alpha fish look like this even the 3 pounders. Till then Im not making a mold but the plaster of Paris seems like a very good alternative and cheap to make molds.

KIMG0077.JPG

those alphas are real real nice but they are so hard to get your hands on, thats why i like the hudds so much

True that but I always see people selling them for cheap. Never understood why I got a few tricks up my sleeve for rigging to give me an edge never see too many people doing it only guy here or there. But I'm not going to Spill the Beans yet till I build up my stockpile. 

I've only caught a few hudd fish but the alpha is where it's at it in the bodies of water iFish the thing I love about the alpha is compared to the hudd is that the alpha has a body wiggle on top of a tail thump I feel like that what separates other baits on the market versus the alpha. On top of it the fold up you get on the alpha is crazy still sticking 3 pounders. 

If people don't like them keep selling them this bait catches the first bass of the year for me a most often my biggest. I understand people have their preferences when it comes to they're soft Plastics I just never understood why people never dig on the alpha

3 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

True that but I always see people selling them for cheap. Never understood why I got a few tricks up my sleeve for rigging to give me an edge never see too many people doing it only guy here or there. But I'm not going to Spill the Beans yet till I build up my stockpile. 

I've only caught a few hudd fish but the alpha is where it's at it in the bodies of water iFish the thing I love about the alpha is compared to the hudd is that the alpha has a body wiggle on top of a tail thump I feel like that what separates other baits on the market versus the alpha. On top of it the fold up you get on the alpha is crazy still sticking 3 pounders. 

If people don't like them keep selling them this bait catches the first bass of the year for me a most often my biggest. I understand people have their preferences when it comes to they're soft Plastics I just never understood why people never dig on the alpha

yeah, how much do the 8.5" weigh, ive been looking to buy one for a while looks like a real nice bait, id love to throw some different stuff although i am in NY and almost nobody in my area throws the big stuff, i fish small bodies of water so fish get accustomed to certain baits real quick

Don't know how the 8.5 are I only like the 6 inch and the 9.5 inch but I'm not sure if the new batch of 10 inch with the mouth open like the other Alpahs is like the 9.5 because when I measured the 9.5 they were 10 inch bait not sure if it's the same bait from the same mold haven't picked up a new batch yet. 

But the first couple batches advertised as advertised as 9.5 are my favorite. As far as fishing small ponds I live in Idaho most people think a 5lb fish is a catch of a lifetime I still throw my 12-inch ABT and get a 2 pounder to come up and smack it. I feel like bait size only matters to a certain extent but if you're looking for the biggest fish in the pond. The drawing power of those big baits will at least let you see them as there trying to figure out if they should eat it or not but that's been my experience here in Idaho.

1 minute ago, basssavage24/7 said:

Don't know how the 8.5 are I only like the 6 inch and the 9.5 inch but I'm not sure if the new batch of 10 inch with the mouth open like the other Alpahs is like the 9.5 because when I measured the 9.5 they were 10 inch bait not sure if it's the same bait from the same mold haven't picked up a new batch yet. 

But the first couple batches advertised as advertised as 9.5 are my favorite. As far as fishing small ponds I live in Idaho most people think a 5lb fish is a catch of a lifetime I still throw my 12-inch ABT and get a 2 pounder to come up and smack it. I feel like bait size only matters to a certain extent but if you're looking for the biggest fish in the pond. The drawing power of those big baits will at least let you see them as there trying to figure out if they should eat it or not but that's been my experience here in Idaho.

you ever use the alpha shads? they look real nice especially in the gill colors. i still catch 10" fish on my waver 168 so ive got no doubt that the baits do numbers but they also get more fish of size than anything else you can throw i mean i got 5 6+ lbers this year in NY just on swimbaits or bigger versions of conventional stuff, big baits are deffinitly the way to go man

I just got a batch in of Alphas shads. Haven't got to use them yet. Don't have any 8/0 beast hooks Trying to finish off my Magnum rat collection first. Also my high-speed reel is down which sucks cuz I need it for brown trout fishing during the winter. It's hard trying to do rod and reel repairs you can't catch him from the couch and two week waiting periods is agony for any fisherman I feel like.

2 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

I just got a batch in of Alphas shads. Haven't got to use them yet. Don't have any 8/0 beast hooks Trying to finish off my Magnum rat collection first. Also my high-speed reel is down which sucks cuz I need it for brown trout fishing during the winter. It's hard trying to do rod and reel repairs you can't catch him from the couch and two week waiting periods is agony for any fisherman I feel like.

yeah hahaha, i think im gonna try real hard to get my hands on some alpha shads, i think theyd so well near me