Mattlures Bluegills...

TommyGun316

On 7/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, AllThingsFishing said:

I have a Hardgill slow sink but I don't like it because it rises up in the water column and starts waking on the surface. I'm using it on a 5:3:1 gear ratio reel btw, so that's not even medium or fast speed for a reel. I haven't caught anything on it, HOWEVER I will comment on the action of the Hardgill. It not only is the most realistic LOOKING bluegill bait but the most realistic bluegill action of any gill bait I've ever seen. Reel it fast, slow, twitch it or anything else and you'd swear it was a live sunfish. I'll likely buy a medium or fast sink after I sell or trade my current one.

I have two slow sink hardgills and only one of them does that. I switched to heavier hooks and it helped

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, AllThingsFishing said:

I have a Hardgill slow sink but I don't like it because it rises up in the water column and starts waking on the surface. I'm using it on a 5:3:1 gear ratio reel btw, so that's not even medium or fast speed for a reel. I haven't caught anything on it, HOWEVER I will comment on the action of the Hardgill. It not only is the most realistic LOOKING bluegill bait but the most realistic bluegill action of any gill bait I've ever seen. Reel it fast, slow, twitch it or anything else and you'd swear it was a live sunfish. I'll likely buy a medium or fast sink after I sell or trade my current one.

If you can find one get a medium sink which I prefer swimming situations over the slow sink. My favorite versions are the medium sink and the Floater. The Floater is a bad ass top water bait. Besides waking it I will often fish it with little rips similar to what you the way you would fish a prop bait. As  was mentioned in a previous post it seems to be the best hardbait when fishing calm conditions and the realistic paint job seals the deal.