Low Down Customs worth the money?

Mnunez42

I've been seriously into the big swimbait game for about 4-5 years now and ever since I could remember, I always wanted to buy an LDC (Low Down Customs) rod, but I couldn't push myself to pay that much for a rod especially with myself still being a broke college student trying to figure out what I'm going to eat. I used to use a G Loomis GL2 rated 25-45 for my bigger baits and all-round performance and that handled well, but now I use a 909H which also handles larger baits very well which to me are both some of my preferable favorite rods for swimbaits, but I'd like to know if Low Down Customs are really worth all the hype which they are given. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

IMO you dont need custom rods to swimbait fish. Plenty of factory rods out there to handle 99% of the baits out there. If your a struggling college student that is trying to figure out what you gonna eat, dont buy a custom rod. Buying an LDC isnt gonna put food on the table for you. 

On a side note, like most of us I started with factory rods and have since switched to Custom MOAM's. I like custom rods mostly because I can built rods to fish certain types of baits and also the aesthetics you can have done to them. But not a need to get out there and fish. I say wait till you either come by a great deal on one or wait till your a little more financially sound (not to say you not already financially sound).

9 hours ago, kahai808 said:

IMO you dont need custom rods to swimbait fish. Plenty of factory rods out there to handle 99% of the baits out there. If your a struggling college student that is trying to figure out what you gonna eat, dont buy a custom rod. Buying an LDC isnt gonna put food on the table for you. 

On a side note, like most of us I started with factory rods and have since switched to Custom MOAM's. I like custom rods mostly because I can built rods to fish certain types of baits and also the aesthetics you can have done to them. But not a need to get out there and fish. I say wait till you either come by a great deal on one or wait till your a little more financially sound (not to say you not already financially sound).

I agree with Dean 100 percent.

I have many GL2 swimbaits rods and love them.

I also have Moan and LDC and also love them, great rods.

So when you have the extra money and want a custom rod, you can't wrong with any of the ones mentioned.

I have had factory rods and now have custom moam and yes it is worth the money if you have it, you can find factory rods that work awesome with specific baits but most factory rods lack handle length, handle length plays a big part in this game and i hate short handles after i went custom...

Sweet so end result, they are definitely worth it I appreciate everyone's feedback, perhaps I'll have to save up to one of these rods! Now the next question is, what separates these rods specifically from the rest beside their lightness, and long butt ends, is it the action or load up of these rods as they are specifically designed for primarily swimbaits?

22 minutes ago, Mnunez42 said:

Sweet so end result, they are definitely worth it I appreciate everyone's feedback, perhaps I'll have to save up to one of these rods! Now the next question is, what separates these rods specifically from the rest beside their lightness, and long butt ends, is it the action or load up of these rods as they are specifically designed for primarily swimbaits?

This video is just showing what my setups are but I touch a little on the subjects your asking about if you wanna check it out. 

https://youtu.be/OzJWYMyxd0M

9 hours ago, Mnunez42 said:

i think everyone has a little different preference.  If im fishing Jig hook baits (Hudd, Mag, Beast Hook) i like a stiff rod to drive that hook home. If im fishing treble hook bait (Wakes,Glide) ill like a rod with that parabolic action. I have hybrid rods that i like to fish a wider range of baits, where i can fish treble hook baits and jig hooks. really depends on what you like.

20 hours ago, carlsbadbassin89 said:

This video is just showing what my setups are but I touch a little on the subjects your asking about if you wanna check it out. 

https://youtu.be/OzJWYMyxd0M

Thanks for the video, I checked it out and it was pretty informative on the applications and usage for the rods, Hopefully I can save some money for one within due time.

I picked up an 8' 6" XH White Label this time last year for cheap. Frigging loved it until I broke it a month or so ago. Hopefully, I'll have a replacement soon.

I was fishing Irod Baileys before that. I thought and still think those rods are great. Had no plan to upgrade. But the deal was too good. I had 2 Baileys and sold them both to pay for the LDC. 

I say, yes, they are worth the money whether you pay full price or get a discount on one of the black markets. The only way I could see someone being disappointed is if they had crazy high expectations.