Low Down Customs worth the money?

Mnunez42

On 12/3/2018 at 8:40 PM, Mnunez42 said:

I've been seriously into the big swimbait game for about 4-5 years now and ever since I could remember, I always wanted to buy an LDC (Low Down Customs) rod, but I couldn't push myself to pay that much for a rod especially with myself still being a broke college student trying to figure out what I'm going to eat. I used to use a G Loomis GL2 rated 25-45 for my bigger baits and all-round performance and that handled well, but now I use a 909H which also handles larger baits very well which to me are both some of my preferable favorite rods for swimbaits, but I'd like to know if Low Down Customs are really worth all the hype which they are given. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I have not heard of anyone dissatisfied with their LDC, Moam, or any other custom with only the price being the biggest downside. Keep in mind, from what I know, LDC uses cut down Phenix Black Diamond Inshore blanks and I think also Phenix Ultra Swimbait Classic blanks. They are not cheap either when built stock but the components like guides and reel seat also play a role in how the rod feels. If you have a little extra to spend, go for it. As long as you are fishing confidently and comfortably then you will catch fish. Personally, I prefer my G. Loomis swimbait rods and do not see myself going away. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 12:11 PM, Csweitzer said:

100% worth it, white label XH instantly upped my hookup ratio.

I am looking to get a white label XH. I plan on using it for almost everything and want to throw both glides and soft plastic baits on it. I’m sure there are guys out there that do the same. I’m just curious if anybody prefers to throw one over the other with the LDC XH. If you have one please let me know what baits you like to throw with it. Thanks - josh

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, Joshlix said:

I am looking to get a white label XH. I plan on using it for almost everything and want to throw both glides and soft plastic baits on it. I’m sure there are guys out there that do the same. I’m just curious if anybody prefers to throw one over the other with the LDC XH. If you have one please let me know what baits you like to throw with it. Thanks - josh

I pretty much throw the 250 exclusively with that rod, so I wouldn't be too much help, it seems like more of a hardbait/treble hook rod in my opinion.