last couple of days

paul

Nice fish Paul! I was also wondering about the color on that BBZ. I haven’t fished one in a few years but I don’t recall the green being that bright. You are definitely hitting the ground running with the big baits. A lot more rewarding than “God’s Swimbaits†don’t you think ;)

thanks for the kind words. yeah, i definitely like swimbaits, but honestly it's all rewarding to me. i don't usually fish for any sort of reward other than the best reward of all - just being fortunate enough to be out there. when it comes to fishing, i ask myself three questions - (1) is it legal? (2) can it produce in the given situation? and (3) is it a method i enjoy? if the answer to all of those 3 questions is yes, then i will roll with it. if the answer to even one of those questions is no, then i won't. i guess i am somewhat simple-minded when it comes to fishing. i try not to overthink it and diminish my chances for success with ridiculous, ego-based, self-imposed constraints. if i catch a big fish on a live bait, then i don't regard it as any more or less of an accomplishment than on a swimbait or anything else. i am just thankful for being able to catch it. call me crazy.

I wouldn't call you crazy. You're catching more and bigger fish than I am ;) I just figured you would enjoy this more than the other but to each their own. Keep sticking pigs.

Nice fish Paul. I go through periods where I'm sore and other times when I feel fine. I'm no spring chicken but I try not to set casting distance records in situations I don't need to that way I'm not constantly pushing the envelope.

The long handle on the LDC's has reduced my fatigue as well due to the tuck factor.

The "Godfather" of swimbaits Allan Cole (Not to be confused with our "Donfather") used to call everyone that uses 8 Ft rods sissys and he mainly uses an 11 Footer! His solution to guys that said they were sore....pump iron at night after fishing to bulk up....hahahhaha......I break up my sessions in two-three hours blocks and that helps a lot for me.

Good job on the fish man....at least the soreness is paying dividends.

JK

Nice fish Paul! I was also wondering about the color on that BBZ. I haven’t fished one in a few years but I don’t recall the green being that bright. You are definitely hitting the ground running with the big baits. A lot more rewarding than “God’s Swimbaits†don’t you think ;)

thanks for the kind words. yeah, i definitely like swimbaits, but honestly it's all rewarding to me. i don't usually fish for any sort of reward other than the best reward of all - just being fortunate enough to be out there. when it comes to fishing, i ask myself three questions - (1) is it legal? (2) can it produce in the given situation? and (3) is it a method i enjoy? if the answer to all of those 3 questions is yes, then i will roll with it. if the answer to even one of those questions is no, then i won't. i guess i am somewhat simple-minded when it comes to fishing. i try not to overthink it and diminish my chances for success with ridiculous, ego-based, self-imposed constraints. if i catch a big fish on a live bait, then i don't regard it as any more or less of an accomplishment than on a swimbait or anything else. i am just thankful for being able to catch it. call me crazy.

I wouldn't call you crazy. You're catching more and bigger fish than I am ;) I just figured you would enjoy this more than the other but to each their own. Keep sticking pigs.

it's too early to tell right now, but i've got to honestly say you might just prove to be right in the long run. now that i'm in this pretty deep, i do have to say there is something about this that is unlike any other type of fishing i've ever done. i'm not sure exactly what it is. i feel like fishing is new all over again. i keep waiting for the new to wear off and it just doesn't. i want to do it more tomorrow than i did today. and it's not just that i want go fishing, i want to fish with a swimbait. no other tactic i've ever used has made me totally re-think everything the way this has. with other baits, sometimes you're never really sure why they bit. with swimbaits, you get the feeling that you totally and completely duped a bass into thinking it was eating something that was really alive. it is pretty cool no doubt.

as far as me catching more and bigger, that's a laugh. we're not comparing apples to apples here. i try not to make it any secret that i've got some great places to fish. i'm being totally sincere when i say that i have no doubt you would destroy me on an even playing field. but i wouldn't care. it's all just for fun to me. i'd just sit there and take the butt kicking and try to learn something about swimbaits from you if you'd be willing to teach. i always thought you really knew your stuff on the other forum. same goes on this one. thanks again for your encouragement. the whole crew here has been really cool so far.

You, sir, have my respect. Glad to see someone else who thinks like I do. As long as it's legal (and sporting), and has a chance of producing trophy fish, I try it. Stitching, bed-fishing, live nightcrawlers, jigs, and swimbaits- I fish them all!

Congratulations!

P.S. Sorry for the off-topic comment. Let's get back to talking about swimbaiting.