DONT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB (perspective/curiosity/guidance)

SKVMS

9 hours ago, cascadekiller said:

As a "youngster", ive found all this super helpful to actually hear some of your guys' stories. 

Can I ask, is there anything you regret, or would have done differently in your high school years specifically? 

This question isn't just for Nic, id love to hear as many opinions as possible before I make the same mistakes:-D

I gaffed off school. Didn't apply myself. Thought it was one big party. Thought sports would carry me through life.......They didn't, turns out grades are a pretty big factor as well.......who knew lol.

I don't know if I would call that a mistake. Because for my lack of caring in school I had to join the military.  And that is a HUGE help in the job market, and really helped me "attitude" wise.

More or less the road not taken. Can't help to wonder what would have happened. 

I'm sure everyone has their story, and parts they would like to change, mistakes they have made. But it makes us who we are today. Scars of experience. Something school won't teach you......among the countless other valuable topics that are neglected in the public school systems. Once again......I digress....lol

Edited by JoshPerkins802

Well, I am young compared to a lot of the guys on here but I believe (not intending to sound arrogant) I am very wise for my age (19). A lot of the comment above are very true so I will try not to repeat them. But in my mind the 2 best job types you can have are one that makes a lot of money and one that you absolutely love so much it doesn’t feel like work, it’s nice to find a job that is both listed above.  Personally my passion is marine mammals and sharks. So I’m a marine science major concentrated in marine bio and then if everything goes right, I’ll get in vet school in 2 years. It just so happens that what I am going to do requires a lot of schooling, makes a good living, and is my passion. But that’s not for everyone, I know several people who are very fortunate in trades and personally my family are successful entrepreneurs. It’s all in what you wanna do and what opportunities are around you. Bottom line, find what your interested in/ good at, find an opportunity and work hard and you will be successful. While many people have it backwards, success in life doesn’t mean wealth , there’s been a lot of rich people That died unhappy and some of the happiest people you will ever meet are homeless. Do what you love and if it just so happens to make a lot of money then that’s a added bonus.