Swimbaits Know No Bounds

Glidepride

Hello SU,

I've been trying to fish micro swimbaits for trout in the so called off season. 7.6' UL on 2lb...I finally figured out how to get the bait out there. They cast like sh$t. I even caught a largie while fishing he bait.

Thank you for your interest

Glidepride

IMG_20190101_124133516.jpg

IMG_20190101_142635756_HDR.jpg

Where are you from and why can’t you fish normal swimbaits for bass this time of year? Not trying to bash you, trout on a swimbait on swimbait underground works for me but if you don’t have ice im sure you can get some bass on swimbaits still and winter is swimbait season.. keep up the good work either way!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Swimbaits catch more than just largemouth bass that is for sure. Have caught snook, tarpon, jack crevalle, barracuda, and other species of fish with them.  Will not be surprised if someone catches a big tuna or other big pelagic fish on swimbaits.

Fish eat fish. If I swims like a fish, looks like a fish, it'll get bit. Swimabits really do the best at mimicking this. Other conventional baits don't compare. Sure you can pick up a crank bait and get numbers of small fish and maybe a big one. But the swimbait seems to attract larger fish. I assume the realism. As for my micro swimbait, I really like to eat trout as much as bass. I also do this to get a good look at the local trout, native and planters to better purchase swimbait colors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/3/2019 at 10:05 PM, bassing305 said:

Swimbaits catch more than just largemouth bass that is for sure. Have caught snook, tarpon, jack crevalle, barracuda, and other species of fish with them.  Will not be surprised if someone catches a big tuna or other big pelagic fish on swimbaits.

Been wanting to try that here since I got into the swimbait game wonder what baits can hold up to a tuna though

On 2/12/2019 at 6:59 PM, Kingskilla said:

Ive caught Yellow Fin Tuna on 4.8" Kietechs with a 1oz Jig head fishing the slide. Ive also heard of guys tossing Lunker Punkers into foaming Blue Fin Tuna and landing them so your correct swimbaits catch everything that swims!

That’s awesome on the east coast we usually don’t have acres of fish foaming I’ve seen a couple of blitzes and fish swimming on top trying to figure out what baits might be able to handle a tuna I know the mahi will definitely crush them though and they won’t total a bait