Wake gill

Mountainryan

Hey SU, with hardwater season in full effect I needed to keep busy. My goal was to make a bait with all the leftover stuff I had from making other baits. That included silicone for molds, hooks, lip material. Well once I made one I couldn’t stop so bought way more stuff. Also started airbrushing much more which has been fun. These baits crank down easy but the new ones wake at a faster speed. Golden shiner, bass and slime dart (pickerel) flavors. Not sure if the video attached but I can’t wait to fish these. The two piece does a great body roll and the three piece has a smooth swim. Tight lines, Ryan 

E76A1B60-600D-4200-A4FC-E1B76C8F9CC8.jpeg

41993705-A8C4-4DD6-9E45-8E701484193D.jpeg

A6EDCAB3-D4D5-479D-AEC6-FAD846E60558.jpeg

196F4155-AC28-4DDD-B3C9-02DCFA6E2858.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good! Do you hold the mesh on with your hands or do you use clips? For my baits, sometimes i will lay the bait down on a clean surface, place the mesh on top, and then get the mesh tight by placing heavy objects around the edges of the bait. For me, I have tried the clip method, but I usually cant get the mesh to lay properly on the bait. 

@porkmeatballs, try using a needlepoint clamp thing, holds the mesh tight in asnd you can lay it on top. The problem is with multi color patterns is I have to paint one whole side, cleaning in between colors just to repeat on the other side.