If you haven’t heard...

Jace D

2 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Sound like a well timed torney. Can't wait to hear his swimbait, and also other weights. 

I’m sure the timing has a lot to do with his 30 lb limit but he also won the Wild West team event at the same lake a few weeks ago and he’s been winning almost every tournament he’s entered for the last year or so. He’s just dialed in right now and has figured out how to catch fish on swimbaits when no one else can. 

All I know is I better start doing my homework because me and Collin will be fishing some tourneys against him pretty soon and he’s gonna be tough to beat. But, if we’re gonna win, we want to win against the best and he’s definitely the best in our area right now. It’s just cool to see another die hard swimbait guy doing what he does best. 

So wait, are you saying he's throwing SWIMBAIT swimbaits, like Deps 250s, or do you mean he's throwing 4.8-inch Keitech-type swimbaits?  I'm just curious, I always wonder whether guys throw big baits in tourneys cuz I never hear about it.

3 hours ago, 168 Rookie said:

So wait, are you saying he's throwing SWIMBAIT swimbaits, like Deps 250s, or do you mean he's throwing 4.8-inch Keitech-type swimbaits?  I'm just curious, I always wonder whether guys throw big baits in tourneys cuz I never hear about it.

He’s throwing REAL swimbaits. Big soft baits and big glides. I know he loves throwing a baitsmith. I’m sure he’s catching these fish on something big. I’ll be seeing him pretty soon at some tourneys so I’ll see if he’s willing to give any info. He might not give it to me though since he knows me and Collin throw big baits in the tourneys too. LOL! 

6 hours ago, Bigbass2320 said:

Anybody know what he weighed in today? 

He had 11 today. It was a good bag considering the biggest bag was 13 today. 

I fished this tournament and missed the top 10 by 0.04 it was pretty amazing to see the fish he brought in. I was able to get only 3 swimbait fish. On the fist day I was boat 115 and thought all the good points would be taken and nobody was on one of the best points on the lake. So I pulled in and was able to get a 5.41 first thing that helped me a bunch. The swimbait bite was off wich made his feat even more impressive.