Thinking about going to ft. Lauderdale. Advice?

Hammerdown

21 hours ago, Hammerdown said:

Might be going to ft. lauderdale for vacation in may. Anyone on here from there? Any advice on where to get bit?

use google maps and do some searching of the area you're staying in to look for water. Especially ponds around businesses. Be careful with the ones that are posted no trespassing (most likely neighborhoods). If you do get caught, be respectful and it will go a long way.

And bring a rain coat... those 20 minutes of rain a day will soak you to the bone

Edited by northeast_trev

About 5 years ago, I flew into Ft. Lauderdale and went fishing with a guide at Stick Marsh in Palm Bay.  I'd highly look into doing that if you want to go fish some largemouth.  All big fish and the deepest part of the marsh is like 10 feet so there was a lot of good topwater action.   The guide that I fished with passed away last year but I'm sure there are other guides that know the area well.  It's off the beaten path, so a fun adventure if you wanted to look into it.