Best setup for DRT Tiny Klash

HuyHa

Wish my dad would pick me up some TK's Lmao, lmk where you were able to get a couple, but the best setup I've ever used is a Dobyns Champ 795 on a tatula costal with 15lb test, I am in central Florida home of all sorts of cover mats and weeds, this setup has so much power and gets it done, you can even bump down to the fury 795 and some other 200 tatula and it won't hurt the bank as much, hope this helps tight lines. 

• 1 year later...

Here's the setup I use for my TKs. It's a F5 Blacklist 710 with a Tranx 300 and Studio Composite handle. I think any light swimbait rod (1-4 or 5oz) will do just fine, and so will a Tranx (even a 200 really). No need for the upgraded handle to throw TKs. I agree with some others here though - I'd use some heavier line considering the cost of TKs (especially on secondary market). I've got 20lb CXX on this. I probably wouldn't throw one on a typical Heavy rod or Curado reel. I'm sure you could probably get away with it, but better to use a setup that you have some confidence in.

20211021_151305.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bakerlounge said:

agreed, I also like my F5 Chubby Chaser travel rod but the Kaimana 794 and 764 both work great for the TK.

for reels, I use either a Curado 201 with a 120mm handle or a Tranx 201HG stock, usually spooled with 18lb flouro.