Pickerel Plague

Noreaster603

Hey guys not sure where to put this so my apologies if in the wrong spot. I've never had good luck on glide baits so have concentrated on throwing them more this year to work on my technique. No bass yet but the pickerel have been all over them. Any tips on weeding them out, should I change areas, is it the time of year, or is it just a matter of time until I come across a bass that is willing to bite em. Essentially I am wondering if I am fishing the wrong areas right now or are the slime darts just more active in the area I am in. This is the same spot where I have caught all my biggest bass so I am a little confused why no bass are willing to hit the glides.

3 hours ago, Noreaster603 said:

Hey guys not sure where to put this so my apologies if in the wrong spot. I've never had good luck on glide baits so have concentrated on throwing them more this year to work on my technique. No bass yet but the pickerel have been all over them. Any tips on weeding them out, should I change areas, is it the time of year, or is it just a matter of time until I come across a bass that is willing to bite em. Essentially I am wondering if I am fishing the wrong areas right now or are the slime darts just more active in the area I am in. This is the same spot where I have caught all my biggest bass so I am a little confused why no bass are willing to hit the glides.

Thats odd. This belongs on the underground forum space btw!

2 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Luv the name of this topic. We all have been there from New England.  Usually in those places, slammers rule, and pickeral don't hit slammers much. 

I had one good outting with the slammer (2 fish) this season but since then morning or night it hasnt gotten any further attention. Im hoping a 0400 trip saturday morning changes that haha