Hudd advise with NO electronics

Stephenk

I get around via float tube I don’t have a fish finder where would I put a Huddleston as far as where do I cast ? There’s a lot of videos on how to fish it but not where to fish it I can’t say how deep or if there’s a ledge if I’m just casting in to open water , also anyone ever bother throwing in the summer ?

Edited by Stephenk

The same spots you would fish regular tackle in your waters. Hard for someone to tell you where to cast to if they are not in the same pond or lake. 

Try structure, edges of weeds or drop off, flats, etc.

You can tell or figure out what the underwater structure, dept, weedline ect. are with a hudd. Crawl the bait on the bottom and get a feel of what's down there. When you do find out, adjust to it and you will find a way to get a strike. It will take a while for you to figure it out but time is key. 

When I use to fish hudds, I fish them year round. I fish them in the summer exactly the same way i do in the winter. I fish nothing but nights so that might make a differenace. 

Edited by Rogervang

23 hours ago, VolunteerSwimbaits said:

I would like to know of anybody throws them in summer as well.

Not trying to steal your post, but just curious..

i fish mine all year, i mainly fish the 68s, but a perch 68 in summer in New england is a great bait to throw, i like most guy sconsider them a cold water only, which is probably more true for the 8", but that 68 is a year long bait for me. 

21 hours ago, Stephenk said:

@VolunteerSwimbaits yea there’s nothing on it anywhere For summer fishing do you still slow roll it or burn considering it’s well summer ? Idk 

medium to fast, but also sometimes slow. 

if its open water ill fish em a little faster like a fish trying to get to cover. 

i will cast them parallel to shore or a weedline and work em slow, same thing around points, work em slow to medium and watch the fish come out from their hidding spots and crush em 

2 hours ago, chefchris said:

medium to fast, but also sometimes slow. 

if its open water ill fish em a little faster like a fish trying to get to cover. 

i will cast them parallel to shore or a weedline and work em slow, same thing around points, work em slow to medium and watch the fish come out from their hidding spots and crush em 

Thank you man this is informative 

The best dedicated hudd throwers during summer out here are using nail weighted ste rigged rof 0 hudds (just to get body in water at pause) at night over grass and weed edges.  You don't need a ff to fish em. Hit windblown points etc. BB vids are discouraging to me cause he catches his giants on bluebird days, a feat I have been unable to duplicate.  Same deal with 250 vid throwers on utube, sun sucks in reality for catching lm.  

Edited by bigpoppabass