How to do brush style fins

Hrenthegreat

Hey guys!

playing around with bait designs here, and I have a quick question: I like the idea of brush style fins, but I was wondering if you guys had any experience with them? How do you secure them? Do they stay once put in? Any huge pluses or minuses I should know about them? Thanks for the help guys! 

Connor ,I have been doing them for years... my method is fairly simple ...I first cut some bristles & fan them ...secure with some tape, then apply some five minute epoxy to both the top/bottom of bristles ... at this point I rough cut the shapes... i primarily do dorsal fins & tails, I cut a slot with my dremmel... at this point I use regular epoxy or gel  super glue to attach them...after cure/set one can finish shaping &coloring if desired... main draw back is they get crumpled over time if not stored properly... these on my “crappie “ are close to 10 years old... michel... Go Fish!!!

A500E339-900F-49AA-80CB-A22F03ACA346.jpeg

C89C5B63-E884-4027-8369-E2BA9DD3AD8F.jpeg

Just remember ...practice makes perfect & patience is a virtue (i"m lacking the latter...)....one can see the "excess epoxy " exposed on the tail, bad aesthetics ....doubt the fish care...michel...Go Fish!!!

Thanks for the help Michel! Looks like a great no-fuss way to avoid having to carve them outta wood. (preventing breakages) It looks like it’ll be easier for a fish to collapse into their mouths! Either way, seems like a simple way to imitate fins!

-Connor