Wake Jr Crushed at Castaic Lagoon ... BIG fish right here

midnightbite

My first double digit since 2004 and basically a tie for my PB. More importantly, my first truly big fish on a swimbait. I was by myself and couldn't get anyone to help with a photo, so these pics are horrible ... was more worried about making sure I released her safely and she was some kind of pissed off when I got her to the bank. 13.11 on the digi! Just a freaking monster. Couldn't hardly hold her up.

I've been committed to swimbaits on principle to force myself to finally learn them, and have to say again that you guys on this forum have been a tremendous help. Now I'm beyond hooked on them. Forget about it. Easily the most exciting fish catch of my life. This girl hit last night at about 10:30 and when I say she hit ... lets just say I'll remember the sound of it forever. She wanted that wake jr dead. Choked it. When I saw Encinoman's post from earlier in the week, I could see that spot he was fishing actually had some room on the surface above the weeds, which it didn't have two weeks ago when I was out there, so I knew if I could get the Wake Jr. to keep its hooks clean above those weeds, it had the potential. Sure enough. About 20 minutes later, another huge blow up and I landed the smaller one pictured below ... she went 6 pounds even herself!

Here's the pics. thanks SBU!

Credits: 8' Production H LDC. Luna 253. Wake Jr in Blue Trout. 25 pound big game.

-Dax

Me and Her. One handed blind shot with the iphone.

post-965-1425298680708_thumb.jpg

post-965-1425298680774_thumb.jpg

post-965-14252986808597_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic