Most likely got scammed

benczar94

Hey so just got off work today and some how completely resolved the issue, so everything above in my post was the situation before today, when going through all the evidence I had so that I could contact PayPal and try and get resolution there I found his phone number. He was quick to pay me back although he didn't pay fees so I lost 8 dollars overall but no big deal, he made it sound like he never heard back from megabass or somehow thought I got the rod.... Idk I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, just seems odd he never followed up after he told me he would and was just hanging on to my money

7 minutes ago, benczar94 said:

Hey so just got off work today and some how completely resolved the issue, so everything above in my post was the situation before today, when going through all the evidence I had so that I could contact PayPal and try and get resolution there I found his phone number. He was quick to pay me back although he didn't pay fees so I lost 8 dollars overall but no big deal, he made it sound like he never heard back from megabass or somehow thought I got the rod.... Idk I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, just seems odd he never followed up after he told me he would and was just hanging on to my money

Awesome! Glad things worked out!

Glad everything turned out well. This should be a lesson for all of us again. It’s a good reminder that everyone here has to do there part to keep the black markets  integrity. Write a review with all the ppl you buy, sell, and trade from. Notify the community right away if someone is being shady. And pay the fees, it protects you! 

9 minutes ago, Archtx9 said:

I always follow up with guys I sell stuff to, just to make sure they got the bait......I'm still working with USPS to get an insurance refund on a Nez rat shipment where they destroyed the box.

How do you do this? Is the process ridiculous?

48 minutes ago, Jinxd12 said:

How do you do this? Is the process ridiculous?

I had a brand new NRX the Post Office conveyed and broke 8in off. Went through though and made a claim and followed everything and was still denied. Rod was packed in a 8 foot PVC tube and you can see where it was bent. Ended up paying Loomis $120 to replace through Fed Ex. Fed Ex for me now for Rods.

I'm have been in the Shipping Business for over 15 Years...

Everything from Small Ground packages to International Overseas Containers ...

I can tell you UPS GROUND Claim process is NOT designed to fairly Compensate the Customer...  

In fact their CLAIM Process is actually backwards from most Freight Companies

Requiring the "Shipper" to initiate the Claim in all cases is ridiculous and Unfair to the customer IMO...  (UPS Policy)

In all the UPS GRD claims I have filed  over the Years (40+ Damage claims)...

The most I have ever been Compensated is $100 regardless of the Package Value  (That's With Additional handling packing fees!)

UPS will  reply 95% of the time :" Insufficient packaging..." claiming the Shipper is at Fault..."

Your best bet is to have an Actual UPS Store Pack/Ship it...

It's Harder for them to Deny a claim due to "packaging"- ...when they are the ones who packed it.

I would Strongly advise against shipping a rod unless you are experienced in how to properly pack it to avoid damage (Try Fed Ex)

If you have ever received a rod from LDC or Dobyns...they know what they are doing in regards to avoiding damage.

Sorry for the RANT

20 hours ago, Archtx9 said:

I always follow up with guys I sell stuff to, just to make sure they got the bait......I'm still working with USPS to get an insurance refund on a Nez rat shipment where they destroyed the box.

This is true- the Nez was headed to me and never made it. USPS sent him back part of the box with no rat :/ 

Immediately refunded my money— great seller. Unfortunate it happened— something I always worry about when shipping especially high end baits. 

Hope USPS reimburses you sooner than later!  

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 4:30 PM, Archtx9 said:

Same here i think it’s good practice i want to make sure that the buyer is happy on there end to keep my rep good here. Had a bad experience last year on bbc when selling a used finder setup, dude was accusing me of all kinds of ish trying to say i Pried the unit apart because it had marks around where it was flush mounted and then bitched about the transducer being scratched up because it was a "Not Allowed" to reproved it from being epoxied in. I made all of this clear in the pictures the dude was just unreasonable and went out of his way to try and publicly trash me in a forum where i have bought and sold a lot of stuff with zero complaints. Moderator stepped in and said he wants his money back and i said i already told him i would refund it and he went ahead and shamed me anyway. 

Sometimes you are just going to deal with some Dbags but if everyone does there best to try and make sure transactions go smoothly you have an overall better community. Needless to say i haven’t had a single bad transaction on here (thank god) honestly i feel like 99% of the people on here are better than other forums when it comes to buying, selling, and trading gear.