Catfish eats a baby possum

chefchris

Picked up a cl8 cranking baby possum to fish a select few ponds based on the depth it gets and all the praises from the New England guys. 

Hit the first pond the other night, was throwing the bait and fishing it up this incline passed this floating dock and it got absolutely crushed on the first cast. 

Fish hit hard and kept a kept a bend in the F5 908 while cranking it in. As it got closer and I started to swing it around it started grunting underwater and once it hit the net it made a lot of noise. Was bummed it wasn’t the big bass I thought it was but it’s big cat for our area (state record is 4lbs 4oz) and a PB for me so I’ll take it. 

Fish measured out at 17” and weighed 3lbs 6oz, thing was stupid fat. Had the front hook pinned in the corner of its mouth.

interesting thing is my buddy stuck one at the same pond on a deep cranked large nez, about 60 yards down from this spot, weighed just over 2lbs and was 2-3 years ago. Not saying it’s the same fish but interesting for sure 

8953F2FD-4B25-44F7-81E8-302804C7DC87.jpeg

3FF2C19D-9852-4D11-A5E3-EA9EC451B5CF.jpeg

617A3F8B-8351-4DF5-A94F-D6EF85CA801D.jpeg