RYUGI Deep Tracer

MartinG

3 minutes ago, chefchris said:

I’ve been looking at em myself and wondering if I could make my own with some leftover wire 

I haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet cause I fish mostly shallow water (less than 15-20’) 

I picked up a 3/8 and 1/2, I’ll do some test runs with glides, non-billed wakes, and multi joints, i think these baits will benefit the most, I’ll keep you updated Chris and this topic. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 5:09 PM, MartinG said:

I picked up a 3/8 and 1/2, I’ll do some test runs with glides, non-billed wakes, and multi joints, i think these baits will benefit the most, I’ll keep you updated Chris and this topic. 

Any updates on this?

Still testing it man, so far with our grass dieing off it is still picking up a lot grass, so far I have tried 6 inch baits on it;triple trout, Seaver, ganteral. It hinders glides, limits it’s left and right motion! However it can potentially shine on multi joints, it gives the ganteral some good deflection since it floats! 

2 hours ago, MartinG said:

I think the hardest part and most restricting is the weight adjustment, it just doesn’t have one. Hard to match the bait properly, so you can sink it the way you want it to sink! 

Haha, so a snap to change weights at the bottom would be key and maybe a short 4" leader of like 100lb Braid or mono choice for the bait to swim appropriately? (I say heavy braid or mono just for the firm hook-set if the bait is deep or if you snag the bait lol)

Edited by Neill Hernandez

Dope video 

I was thinking that it would probably work better with floating lures especially multi piece baits like they did in the video than a glide like they showed in most of the posts I’ve seen about it 

also this mod looks sick, would like to know more about that bait 

44FADA52-7275-4395-80F4-D3416B7F8FB9.png

13 hours ago, chefchris said:

Dope video 

I was thinking that it would probably work better with floating lures especially multi piece baits like they did in the video than a glide like they showed in most of the posts I’ve seen about it 

also this mod looks sick, would like to know more about that bait 

44FADA52-7275-4395-80F4-D3416B7F8FB9.png

Wheres this video????

32 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Right above my post homie, you have watch a good portion of the video before it pops up. The action looks sick underwater 

I'm at work and certain things are blocked on my cpu lol That's why it doesn't come up, i really love the idea of presenting a large bait near the bottom without snagging 

1 minute ago, Neill Hernandez said:

I'm at work and certain things are blocked on my cpu lol That's why it doesn't come up, i really love the idea of presenting a large bait near the bottom without snagging 

figured it was something like that, yeah im going to grab a few of the 1oz ones to try, think they would be killer with a floating triple trout or one of my baits fished deeper, most of the ponds/water around here is 30-40 feet max, but the deepest i fish is the 10-15 feet areas mainly due to not being able to get a "confidence" bait down deeper