Hudd question...

Zachattack

So I know a topic similar to this is one that other site, but it is not very helpful to me. What I am interested in is placing magnets into the back of the hudd, and specifically which magnets to use. I know some of you guys are doing this, as I've seen it in pictures. I like the idea of painting hooks to match as well and am curious what has been the most durable for those that have done this. Yeah yeah I know it probably doesn't matter but I think this set-up is very stealth and fits my nuerotic fishing style haha. If anyone is willing to give up the goods it's much appreciated. I feel like I'll get a better answer here as the other site seems to often have people talking about something they've never personally done. Thanks.

For magnets, I recommend going to radio shack. They have some pretty strong magnets that are really small and really thin. You could split the bait with a razor, glue the magnets, and just mend it back together. I got some good ideas on painting hooks in the thread I started, haven't tried any yet though.

Best way to do it is to use a flathead screw about the same head size as the neodymium magnet you will be using. Hudd's have hard floatation in the top of them so if you screw the screw into the flotation where you want the magnet you can epoxy the magnet to the screw head. This is the most durable way I know of for mounting magnets to Hudd's. The floatation is from the hook almost all the way to the line tie and you can feel it when you squeeze the bait in that area.

Rich

Best way to do it is to use a flathead screw about the same head size as the neodymium magnet you will be using. Hudd's have hard floatation in the top of them so if you screw the screw into the flotation where you want the magnet you can epoxy the magnet to the screw head. This is the most durable way I know of for mounting magnets to Hudd's. The floatation is from the hook almost all the way to the line tie and you can feel it when you squeeze the bait in that area.

Rich

+1. Use gammy's for this rig and cut off the one parallel with the eye (just like butch) and measure where the hook eye is after you tie it. Use Rich's way to put in the magnet right where the hook eye is. If you do only this however, the hook moves side to side unless you have a very strong magnet, so all you need to do is tuck the cut point into the skin of the bait (so make sure you dont cut the point so close that you cant bend it to hold inside the bait. ive been doing this with my hudds and the hooks are ALWAYS perfectly straight.