solo pontooning

cd7

great looking fish man, i would think it was over 4-12 also. how do you guys like the pontoons? ive been thinking about trying one but not sure. any idea of a decent cheap one that will hold a bigger guy. im like 6'3 and 220, and not sure if they would work good.

I'm working on the same size range here and prefer pontoons over any other small craft, I have use float tubes, canoes, bass hunter style boats etc.. and the pontoon offers much more control IMO, some people think they have to turn around to paddle but I do 90% of my paddling within the spot or area kicking forward similar to the motion of riding a bike. Maybe I can do it because I have size 15 foot paddles to kick up some water :lol: but I think its more of the motion that gets the forward movement going.

Whatever you do, do not get a classic accessories pontoon boat their valve system sucks, seats uncomfortable etc.. The best for the money I have found is Creek company but I know there are a few other great brands as FishDr stated.

The #1 perk for me is control ability & stealth!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice fish! Gotta love that night tooning. As jpassmore's question, I too have a toon, 6'4" 200+#, no problem with either of my boats. I prefer fishing out of a toon over my yak for reasons noted, and the raised sitting position. Unlike Colby, I have never had a problem with my Classic accessories cimmaron(10 yrs), or my Colorado(2yrs), easily modified(pedestal, swivel seat, trolling motors ect.). The Colorado with a 400# weight limit, anchor pulley, motor mount, storage, and price below $500 is without a doubt the best fishing machine out there.

hey do u have a trolling motor mount? i have the same pontoon u do

not sure if this was referring to me but if it is, i do not have a mount. you can buy them off of creek company website i think though

• 2 weeks later...