Good hudd reel for a lefty

Owen_Swimbaits

Lew's Superduty 300 may be a good choice for what you are wanting. It holds 190 yards of 14lb and the gear ratio is 6.4 or 6.5 to 1. I use their wide speed spool for hudds and glides and they have been great reels for me.  They're solid and not over the top expensive. 

On 1/6/2020 at 7:36 PM, FishDr said:

Another old-school suggestion - if you can find a Curado 301DSV, they are money.  The Curado 301Es are also good, but I wish I'd sprung for more 301Ds when they were phasing them out.  If you don't mind a big round reel, you can try something like the ABU Garcia C4 6601 reel - I started off using a similar set of reels (ABU Garcia 6601 CB) and they definitely can handle the Hudds and their prices are decent.  

I’m a righty that uses all lefty retrieve. I throw 68s on an old Curado 201D (upgraded bearings) spooled with a bunch of 18# sniper. That thing is a workhorse. Bigger stuff I use a Cardiff 301A. If you can find a old Curado D 300 series I would get it. I’ve seen them on eBay in 5.0 and 6.2. Good luck.