Reel handle length for 200 size reel

NORTHERN_GLIDER

Hello dear swimbaiters,

Looking to upgrade my handles on two of my 200 size reel (Tatula 200 and Calcutta Conquest 200). I hesitate between 100mm and 108mm handle. I have large hands and throw mostly Arig, soft swimbaits, large topwater and glide baits up to 2.5oz with them.

Leaning for the 108mm but will it be an overkill?

Looking foward to your thoughts/experiences

Thank you

Edited by NORTHERN_GLIDER

If you ever have a chance to try a wide range of handle lengths side by side, you’ll find your own crank motion usually has a sweet spot that’s most comfortable and efficient for you. Believe it or not. It depends on lots of biomechanical factors in addition to pure equipment and application fit. It’s not a one size fits all. 96-102 range is USUALLY in the ballpark for ppl with big hands if you want the ability to efficiently turn a handle over at high speed. The counter balance is once you cross a line where you’re looking for cranking power and not burning anymore than the longer the better 104/108... even 120+ for those with saltwater experience. The punchline is pay attention to what works best for you and decide if speed is a factor, find your best arc length for quick cranking, or if you need cranking power find the longer balance that gives you the leverage and ease of cranking you desire.