Brotherhood Baits Bait Sealer

chefchris

Super Glue works great on pourous woods like balsa, redwood, WRC but like your noticing has some struggles to it.  Biggest is nasty smell and getting things like fingers and gloves stuck to baits.  To really do super glue right, You need to dip then wipe with a rag so you don't get the drips.   I used to use it on AYC and it was not as effective because AYC does not allow it to soak in.  So it forms a thin skin which is easily compromised with hook points etc.  

Also Note that you used to be able to buy a gallon of thin super glue for a little over $100 but its probably been 7-8 years since I have bought any so I'm not 100% sure anymore.http://www.e-zbond.com/Product.htm

5 hours ago, Nufo said:

Super Glue works great on pourous woods like balsa, redwood, WRC but like your noticing has some struggles to it.  Biggest is nasty smell and getting things like fingers and gloves stuck to baits.  To really do super glue right, You need to dip then wipe with a rag so you don't get the drips.   I used to use it on AYC and it was not as effective because AYC does not allow it to soak in.  So it forms a thin skin which is easily compromised with hook points etc.  

Also Note that you used to be able to buy a gallon of thin super glue for a little over $100 but its probably been 7-8 years since I have bought any so I'm not 100% sure anymore.http://www.e-zbond.com/Product.htm

Yeah it’s not going to work for me, it’s not a bad product but not what I need, I’ll keep it around. Would be good for doing test baits before a swim. 

sanded the baits from the other day and any drips or build up are crazy hard to sand. And while sanding the dust is very drying to the hands and irritating. 

I’ll stick with my heat epoxy sealing method