Fishing near Walt Disney World

Booyacuh

Will be going to Disneyworld next month. Anyone know any places near the Disney hotels I can fish at? I see lots of water nearby but don’t want to waste time going to places with no fish. Feel free to pm me If you got any secret spots. Thank you!! 

NOTE; im assuming you are refering to disney in florida since you said disney "world" not disney "land" (in CA).  my info pertains to florida.  last time i went i stayed at Dinsey's swan/dolphin hotels that are near the boardwalk/hollywood (i think thats the name, its been years but basically it was like a huge boardwalk with alot of shops and restaruants) and there are ponds/connecting canals everywhere and they were loaded with fish. now it has been probably 7 years since then so im not sure everything is the same as it was back then.  check out "bamabass" on youtube, i believe they made a video of them getting a "guide" on the disney world small lakes/canals on a pontoon boat with shiners.  

Dude hit any of the canals or spillways that run along the main roads there, crazy fishing, lots of Mayan chilchids and peacocks and crazy tank fish in some of these tiny ponds. There’s so many places to fish down there, I pack a ultralight spinning set up now and target these little ponds, all kinds of cool random fish. Catching landlocked snook on the side of the road at 2am is always a blast. 

when I stayed in Disney we did a guided trip and where most people want to throw shiners we told the guide lures only, threw a lot of zoom flukes and spooks, we did the first trip of the morning and the fishing was decent, I stuck what should have been a 8-9lb bass on a small zoom fluke on jig head, spotted it chasing bait in the shallows and watched him eat the bait, fish was super long but so skinny, weighed 5.9 and had zero belly. The guides all have very nice equipment, especially once they realize you know what you’re doing. 

lots of options just driving around especially if you can pull yourself away from targeting largemouth. 

Just cast in any water you see and you will catch a 8 to 12 pound bass...its Florida, now if you where going to CA that would be 10 to 15 pound bass every cast.

Most of the ponds are private so be careful with that. Disney property ponds may be posted after the gator issue a couple years back.

No peacocks or other crazy fish in the Orlando area. Head south to Delray Beach area and the peacocks and others will be around.

Most ponds with boat ramps open to the public will be busy so maybe focus on some of the road side pond, or if you are staying outside of Disney most places have ponds around the hotels.

Bring a scale....

3 hours ago, bassbass said:

Just cast in any water you see and you will catch a 8 to 12 pound bass...its Florida, now if you where going to CA that would be 10 to 15 pound bass every cast.

Most of the ponds are private so be careful with that. Disney property ponds may be posted after the gator issue a couple years back.

No peacocks or other crazy fish in the Orlando area. Head south to Delray Beach area and the peacocks and others will be around.

Most ponds with boat ramps open to the public will be busy so maybe focus on some of the road side pond, or if you are staying outside of Disney most places have ponds around the hotels.

Bring a scale....

I’m in CA, SD. Can’t catch ish hahahahah. Just started freshwater last summer and big baits last October, been really tough for me. Probably less than 20 catches from late summer to October and 0 from October to current. 

Thanks everyone for the wisdom! Won’t have time to spend a full day fishing though, will probably have to go before or after visiting the parks or on a rest day. Will have to come back some other time for some peacock however I wouldn’t mind some greenies while I’m there!

On 2/11/2020 at 4:22 PM, Jstew75 said:

hit me up im 30 minutes from disney and id be willing to take you out on some private lakes 

I dont have any information about fishing down in FL but just wanted to say this is ONE of the reasons I love this site ^^^

good stuff right there