first swimbait fish and PB

Toro blanco

I got my first swimbait rod about a month ago and only had one bite on a hudd. Right behind the hook so nothing until today.  I started with a 9" soft Nates bait on a 12/0 beast hook but the center ripped out , so out came the mend it and I switched to the 8" hudd. It looked like it was not going to happen  as it was my tenth time out with my new rod and my only bite came in on the third or fourth trip. It's winter so I know the drill I had some free time so I'm at the lake trying out the new pole. I was getting hungry and was hitting my main points as I was thinking of leaving and boom a hard thump. The rod and reel worked flawless and she came in at 5.33 lbs. This being my first swimbait fish I was all jacked up and  forgot I was hungry and kept on fishing. About 20 minutes later I decide  to make a cast to the very same place, so bombed  it out  perfectly to the same place. I remember giving myself props on the cast when  "THUMP" even harder than the first I instantly knew this was bigger. The LDC and the Conquest winched that fatty to me and she clocked in at 9.01lbs. Giving me a new PB for bass as my old PB for bass was 7lb 12oz and a 23.5" I did not have a scale at the time but I guess was about 8 lbs. So this  nine pounder is a great step up for me, Going for that Cali DD! I thank SU and it's members for sharing such great information on this great sport!

DSC01230.JPG

Adrenaline Rush!  The first one had me going as it was my first swimbait fish and on my new set up. I felt the power of a 5 pounder on my new rod with the first, so when the second one hit. It was instant adrenaline rush to the Max! The power she had was impressive but the Conquest and LDC did their job flawlessly. She tried to jump but I instanly put the tip down and cranked down. She was only able to wake thanks to the set up.

I just got a 3.5 pound smallie I got today on a weedless Hudd 68 trout color.