250 hook question again.

chefchris

I agree with bighuff and nufo above..... Only issue of concern would be action, a non issue here....Been promoting bronze hooks (barb bended down)for topwaters for a while now. You can't bend down chem sharpened hooks without breaking Barb. You need a barb to remain. Issue has nothing to do with sitting but visibility imo. I listened to the butch interview, and discussion was about visibility and big bass having super  big eyes etc. Luv the guy more than I did before. He never taught you much in his prior catch vids. Bronze hooks touch up well and can be way sharper then chem sharpened hooks. They do require maintenance, touch ups and some wd40, pens work great. 

P.S. never seen a Japanese giantbass caught on those shiny saltwater hooks. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

Sorry to hijack but I think this is a good topic about recent butch suggestions. He has been in many vids recently at shows and podcasts. Just a couple of things that were also interesting ideas.

1. Never use more than 20 lb test.  He doesn't fish braid with 250. Swimbait city owner has said something similar for years. Lb test makes me uncomfortable.  

2. He fishes like it is an ordinary work day 9-2 for all of his big fish. 

3. Moon up no big ones. Includes daytime moons you see.