Irod Genesis Handle

fishratt

Looking to buy an Irod Genesis series rod for throwing 2-6 ounce softbaits. The only thing that worries me a little bit is the fact the rod is two piece, and seperates at the handle. Won't this ruin the feel of the rod and sensitivity? Do you guys have any experience with this line of rods? Does the collapsible handle make any difference?

Another option that I'm considering is the okuma guide select xh or the xxh. How does this compare to the irod? 

I own both the Okuma Guide Select in Heavy Moderate and two IRods, the Jr Swimbait and Large Swimbait.  Although the IRods are not the removable handle variety, they are probably 2/3 the weight of the Okuma.  The JR Swimbait rod is rated for the same weight lures as the Okuma and it throws an 8" BullShad like a 1/2 oz spinnrbait.  The Okuma may be a war club but it does have a more moderate action than both of the IRods.  Good luck man!

4 hours ago, bluemeister777 said:

Looking to buy an Irod Genesis series rod for throwing 2-6 ounce softbaits. The only thing that worries me a little bit is the fact the rod is two piece, and seperates at the handle. Won't this ruin the feel of the rod and sensitivity? Do you guys have any experience with this line of rods? Does the collapsible handle make any difference?

Another option that I'm considering is the okuma guide select xh or the xxh. How does this compare to the irod? 

I have not fished the Irod but The 2 piece handle does not ruin the feel of the rod. You shouldn’t notice anything different. At least that’s what I’ve seen on my 2 piece JDM rods. 

My brother and I have been fishing the 804 bailey swim for awhile now and we can’t tell any difference in the feel of the two piece as compared to a one piece rod. The 804 is very light and it’s balanced well. We use it mostly for softbaits up to around 7 oz. To be honest, I’ve never been someone who thought of sensitivity as being the prime factor in whether a swimbait rod was good or not. Balance and action are way more important to me but the two piece Bailey swim doesn’t seem to take any sensitivity away. I was skeptical at first too but there’s no perceptible difference.