Painted a couple thrashed TKs

Jinxd12

I had 2 Tks that used to be shiner that were just about see through. Went to Home Depot and bought some glitter paint and primer good for plastic. Auto clear over the top.

End results I'm happy with. One is straight glitter, the 2nd has silver paint on the top maybe help with tracking. The one with silver I only did one coat of glitter paint. You can tell what is what.

Paint looks good to me!

IMG_20200328_155923.jpg

7 minutes ago, 168 Rookie said:

Niiice, man, those are gonna get bit! I also paint some of my own baits (I don't make em, just do repaints) and it feels so good when a fish eats your paint job. 

Make sure to post em in the Got Em section!

I will!

5 minutes ago, bassbass said:

Those look cool.

Thanks Brian, I was expecting you to say...just fish them!!!

1 hour ago, FishEastCarolina said:

I feel like some baits get bit more when the paint is thrashed. Could be the joints loosening up or just in my mind. I have some traps with hook and teeth rash that get bit better than their new replacements. 

I would agree, but not with these Klash baits for me.

But, in the water i fish the clarity is usually that of chocolate milk, or blue/green algeacide. Having a see through plastic bait means 0 fish. Trust me i threw these. @bassbass will be the 1st one everytime to say..just throw them they catch fish. 

paint lets me see them, while attempting to track these and also the fish as you can see color choice worked!

1 hour ago, Jinxd12 said:

I would agree, but not with these Klash baits for me.

But, in the water i fish the clarity is usually that of chocolate milk, or blue/green algeacide. Having a see through plastic bait means 0 fish. Trust me i threw these. @bassbass will be the 1st one everytime to say..just throw them they catch fish. 

paint lets me see them, while attempting to track these and also the fish as you can see color choice worked!

Just throw it...

My opinion is different in dark suckie water, color will not mean much. Clear water color will matter more, but the movement of the bait,is the most important to get a bit.