Soft Swimbait Questions

SoInBassman

Which do you Prefer, hook slot or line thru soft plastic swimbaits? Or maybe I should ask when / where to use either, reason for question is I'm looking at buying a few molds to pour my own and the size I'm looking at is offered in either hook slot or line thru, wanting to buy a few, but cannot afford to buy all or every option, looking for advice or your preference. Thanks in adavance

9 minutes ago, Kyearsley said:

Line through for open water and hook slot for fishing around/through cover

Thanks Kyearsley, would it be safe to say, there are twice as many hook slot soft swimbaits used to 2:1 vrs line thru? or more or less.?

Here it would seem 6" and smaller swimbaits would be hook slot and the bigger 7" + would be thrown in more open water situations? Just wandering if I should not buy some of both but trying to get a handle on which model swimbaits are the most popular, here in the mid west doesnt seem like alot of guys / gals are throwing the big line thru baits like out west. Anyway thank you for the quick answer and right after I read your post the light bulb came on. LOL ! 

24 minutes ago, SoInBassman said:

Thanks Kyearsley, would it be safe to say, there are twice as many hook slot soft swimbaits used to 2:1 vrs line thru? or more or less.?

Here it would seem 6" and smaller swimbaits would be hook slot and the bigger 7" + would be thrown in more open water situations? Just wandering if I should not buy some of both but trying to get a handle on which model swimbaits are the most popular, here in the mid west doesnt seem like alot of guys / gals are throwing the big line thru baits like out west. Anyway thank you for the quick answer and right after I read your post the light bulb came on. LOL ! 

What youre saying sounds about right to me. I also preffer line through for baits over 5 inches when fishing for smallmouth, or smaller grade largemouth. Line through baits are also harder for the fish to throw because the bait slides away from the hook giving the fish less leverage.