Deps Color for Socal?

David Kim

I found two colors I found for the deps 250 silent killer. I know how to convert it, but I don't know which color will serve me the best? There is the Ketabass and Ghost Ayu. I heard that bass like bright colors like the Ketabass, but I have a feeling a natural color like the ghost Ayu would be a better fit, especially for clear water lakes. What do you guys think?

Those already mentioned are good colors and u can't go wrong with bass, trout and some kind of shad color

Here in socal I love bass, gills, trout and shad colors 

11 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

Those already mentioned are good colors and u can't go wrong with bass, trout and some kind of shad color

Here in socal I love bass, gills, trout and shad colors 

I agree with you, the ketabass color is a really bright neon color which I believe bass won't follow or eat it. The ghost Ayu is a natural color and could represent a lot of prey for bass

The action is more important than the pattern. Don't get hung up on patterns too much, unless it's crystal clear water maybe but even then the action is more important. I caught my first deps in clear water on the Chartreue Deps 250 which makes no sense. There are no chartreuse fish in my local waters lol 

im in socal as well, hometown lake is anywhere from 3-10 feet visibility at times.  I've had multiple followers but havent caught anything on a keta (175 or 250) but have stuck a few with the ghost ayu.  I believe ayu resembles a trout better.

21 hours ago, bake and waker said:

im in socal as well, hometown lake is anywhere from 3-10 feet visibility at times.  I've had multiple followers but havent caught anything on a keta (175 or 250) but have stuck a few with the ghost ayu.  I believe ayu resembles a trout better.

I think the ghost ayu resembles many prey fish for bass. 

Is anybody selling slide swimmers right now? I am looking for a 145 in bass for my son. Tackle Warehouse, Monsterfishing and Optima baits aren't carrying much if anything.