Tranx 300 in the SALT

DirtySouthGlide

Hey fam I’m heading to the coast next weekend. I’ve never used my Tranx 300 in the salt. I know shimano says it’s salt water capable. I’m just curious if any of you guys have used your Tranx 300 in the salt? 

Edited by DirtySouthGlide

The tranx is a beast and bullet proof. I use mine in salt all the time and it still performed effortlessly. Just make sure when your done fishing it for the day to tighten your spool tension knob all the way and same for your star drag then spray it down with freshwater.

I have been using my Tranx in the saltwater for a few years now and they are definitely built for that environment.  Best thing to do when you're done fishing for the day is spray it with fresh water -- (light mist to cover over the entire reel) --  DO NOT put the hose on at full blast and fill the internals with water.  Just get enough water on there though to get the salt off and do the same thing to the rod.  When you get back home, I'd then recommend opening up the reel when you're done and also re-oil all of the contact points and you should be good to go.   Just my two cents... 

Edited by SDBayBassMan