Cast2Catch - Yunique Baits Weedless Gill 1

carlsbadbassin89

I already described the bite in the “Got’Em” section, but I thought it was a cool bite so I’ll paste it again:

Post spawn and beat up. The bite was a cool series of events though. Saw her follow the new Rago Baits Roach.2 to the boat then dip off, so I threw the Yunique Baits Gill back in well past where she dropped back down to. As soon as it hit the water, I felt 2 bites that I wasn’t ready to set the hook on, so I kept my retrieve steady. Halfway back to the boat, another bite that I just kept retrieving through. Once the bait was in sight, I saw her following it just like the Roach. I killed the boat, letting it sink with the subtle tail action. That’s when she ate it, right at my feet. Small, beat up fish that could’ve really used that meal. But a fun bite and cool story none the less. First ever cast on that bait. That was the only bait and color I could get bit on that day. Then I broke off on a hook set. Always retie!

Edited by carlsbadbassin89