Realistic Wraps Photos

Kyle1387

10 minutes ago, David R said:

I am at work and get crappy service on my phone. Here is a screen shot of a li ghtning trout he did for me

Lightning trout.jpg

That thing is sweet. Really wish they stocked palominos up here

1 hour ago, Kyle1387 said:

also for guys that have done it themselves, do you actually clear coat or just throw the skin on top?

my buddy has done a few with the DIY wraps and he just throws the sink back on, no clear 

makes it easier to remove it down the road and the sin fits fairly tight already 

I was just going to say, print the prints yourself. Print it on tissue paper or gift wrapping paper. I used device 2ton epoxy mixed with denatured alcohol to thin it out. The paper is really flexible once its wet and can be left to dry. I threw another coat on top of that once it dry but it's not necessary. Then throw the skin back on and paint. This is the only wrap I did and am sure theres easier ways to do it. Haha It's a silent killer converted. 

20181127_161955.jpg

Edited by Rogervang

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Fattony said:

Use bob Smith 30 min epoxy or a uv resin, but the 250 has that skin not sure if you need it. I use epoxy on resin baits

Thanks. Already started painting but if it turns out bad I'll def shoot you a message

On 7/15/2020 at 4:17 PM, Rogervang said:

I was just going to say, print the prints yourself. Print it on tissue paper or gift wrapping paper. I used device 2ton epoxy mixed with denatured alcohol to thin it out. The paper is really flexible once its wet and can be left to dry. I threw another coat on top of that once it dry but it's not necessary. Then throw the skin back on and paint. This is the only wrap I did and am sure theres easier ways to do it. Haha It's a silent killer converted. 

20181127_161955.jpg

I'm tryna understand this but I'm drawing a serious blank, can't even picture it. Bear with my dumb questions as I've never even seen a wrap except for the pictures on the Realistic site.

So, you're pulling up a picture of the wrap and printing the picture on "tissue paper"?? Obviously a special printer cuz tissue paper isn't getting through my printer at home, right? Then you wet the paper (with water I'm assuming), lay it over the bait, then paint over it with epoxy to make it stick to the bait? (I've also never seen or used epoxy, so just tryna follow the directions). Then you said you "throw the skin back on and paint." What are you painting, isn't the wrap you printed the actual "paint" job? And isn't a 250 skin just translucent, the actual 250 paint job is underneath the skin? 

I'm so confused, please advise. And talk to me like a 4-year old cuz obviously I have no idea what's going on here. I thought a wrap was something you just peeled off/cut out and then stuck or glued to your bait. Thanks, sorry for the long read.

53 minutes ago, 168 Rookie said:

I'm tryna understand this but I'm drawing a serious blank, can't even picture it. Bear with my dumb questions as I've never even seen a wrap except for the pictures on the Realistic site.

So, you're pulling up a picture of the wrap and printing the picture on "tissue paper"?? Obviously a special printer cuz tissue paper isn't getting through my printer at home, right? Then you wet the paper (with water I'm assuming), lay it over the bait, then paint over it with epoxy to make it stick to the bait? (I've also never seen or used epoxy, so just tryna follow the directions). Then you said you "throw the skin back on and paint." What are you painting, isn't the wrap you printed the actual "paint" job? And isn't a 250 skin just translucent, the actual 250 paint job is underneath the skin? 

I'm so confused, please advise. And talk to me like a 4-year old cuz obviously I have no idea what's going on here. I thought a wrap was something you just peeled off/cut out and then stuck or glued to your bait. Thanks, sorry for the long read.

Ok, im going to see if I can make this sound simple. 

I used a regular printer, $60 from walmart if I remember correctly. I used a glue stick and glued the tissue paper onto a blank piece of paper. The same paper you use on your printer. I'm not sure if i stuck it between two books or what not  but thinking of it I would recommend it. Then it should go through your printer no problem. 

Do not use water on the tissue. The paint will run and ruin the wrap. Also the tissue will designate. Get a 30 min epoxy and layer up a thin coat on the back of the wrap and slap it on the body. 

Mine was a nude black 250 so I used acetone and gently wipe off the existing paint to get it clear or translucent. If I was to throw the skin on and leave it, it looks incomplete. So I painted the top and bottom (outside of skin) of the bait to give it a more realistic look. 

Heres a picture of before and after bait painted. I hope it makes a little more sense. 

20171111_073457.jpg

20181127_161819.jpg