Sunday Swimbaiting

flaswimbaiter

Although I got a late start I still made it to my spot before daybreak. Even though it has gotten colder here, I wanted to see if they would still hit a surface bait. I started by waking a Hudd 68 along the shoreline, but only got a halfhearted strike from a small fish. I thought the cold water was affecting them, so I switched to a floating FS shad. I immediately got a hit from a little football that was about 3.5lbs. After that I worked my way to this seawall I have not fished before, on the very first cast I was deadsticking the bait and BOOOSH!!! She was just under six pounds and my biggest at this lake.

5-14Bassreduced.jpg

Because this lake has some big mullet, on my way out I put on my 8†punker to see if any big girls were on the prowl. I was surprised when all I got were hits from little guys. The first was about 2 pounds and literally tried to kill it but missed the hooks. The second one came up behind it with a huge wake, I thought I was going to catch a monster, but it ended up being around 3.5 pounds.

After leaving there I went saltwater fishing and got a cobia on an S-Waver and a bowfin on the way home on the same bait. I posted that over on the flipside.

post-91-14252987405419_thumb.jpg