Baby Possum Slumpbuster

FishDr

418822968_FTCPossumBass.jpg.3d28a480584fa4ee219df66625e7b80a.jpg

I've been in a bit of a bass slump of late - multiple trips have ended up in skunks, and my last trip prior to tonight produced only a couple of small fish.  Tonight I finally managed to stick a halfway decent (for Colorado) bass on the Baby Possum in a local northern CO pond.  Not a giant, but still a welcome fish because it's been so long since I've heard and felt a blow-up on the Baby Possum!

7 hours ago, urbanhick said:

It's a great bait, I use the cranking version. My profile pic is a Baby Possum bass. Nice job.

I have the cranking version as well, thanks to some of the information you've provided on SU.  :-)  I have caught some nice fish on it but last night I was just focused on topwater.

Neat thing about last night is that a couple of times as I was kicking across the pond I stuck my rod tip down to check the depth (I left the depthfinder battery at home because it's about a 1/2 mile walk with the 'toon and I didn't want the extra weight) and it was pretty consistent at 6 - 8'.  I'm headed back with the cranking possum by day - I think it might be productive on really long casts.  There are also neat shelves running about 3 - 4' deep along the banks that the cranking possum will also need to explore.

3 hours ago, FishDr said:

I have the cranking version as well, thanks to some of the information you've provided on SU.  :-)  I have caught some nice fish on it but last night I was just focused on topwater.

Neat thing about last night is that a couple of times as I was kicking across the pond I stuck my rod tip down to check the depth (I left the depthfinder battery at home because it's about a 1/2 mile walk with the 'toon and I didn't want the extra weight) and it was pretty consistent at 6 - 8'.  I'm headed back with the cranking possum by day - I think it might be productive on really long casts.  There are also neat shelves running about 3 - 4' deep along the banks that the cranking possum will also need to explore.

Dsouth gets the credit for that bait, I laughed when he told me to get one now I have about 10 of them. 

6 hours ago, urbanhick said:

Dsouth gets the credit for that bait, I laughed when he told me to get one now I have about 10 of them. 

Yeah, he gets some of the “blame” as well for sure. It’s a great bait.