Bull Bass

justing66

That is very strange and slightly worrying..... It is perhaps simply a deformed largemouth but it looks strikingly similar to a trout with whirling disease which is a devastating disease that has wiped out many world class fisheries... I have never heard of it in largemouths but that could be VERY bad if it is a similar disease. http://www.daff.gov.au/_media/images/an ... sease1.jpg

This fish reminds me of a story that my dad told me. He has a hardcore bass fishing friend that is super serious and focused all of the time. We've known and fished with him for twenty years or so. My dad is a hardcore bass guy but he cuts ups and has a good time. Anyway, they were flipping and catching a fair amount of fish while on a trip at Rayburn. Then all of a sudden the serious guy just starts laughing out loud for no reason. My dad obviously had to ask him what was so funny since this is so out of character for him. His response was that he was just thinking "what if every bass had a different looking face like people do?"..... Then they joked about all of the different possibilities. :lol:

How weird. I once caught a trout that had some sort of back problem where his head was about an inch lower than his tail. It had a big kink in its back.

I once caught a 3.5 lb bass that looked like a boomerang. Was hoping to weigh it in to share sight with the other guys, but it got culled...