NJ Pickerel on Real Wood Lure

Mkel83

Been struggling a bit so I went to a spot where I get some decent pickerel every now and then. Was throwing a Real Wood Lure Gill in between grass pockets and this toothy guy smoked it. Not ideal but they’re fun fish to fight. Didn’t feel like getting out my measuring tape. Size 10.5 for reference. Haha. 4785160B-093A-49D3-A4A3-D3E4A0FEBA89.thumb.jpeg.01e9f04eb157fd63aab3cba2eeff5817.jpegEBFD92C0-CBA4-49A3-A7F4-9A1E22C454C1.thumb.jpeg.3824df4e2d7f21843b2b2c2fe9c21e95.jpeg

2 hours ago, ddow229 said:

I used to love fishing for pickerel when I was a kid. They are just fun fish to catch.

Sometimes they’re fun. Sometimes they suck. Haha. Today it was fun. Solid bite just below surface. 

9 hours ago, Mossypumpkin said:

They can be fun in early spring immediately after ice out. My first yak trip of the year I stuck about 25 of them on a tk and they were bigins. That one looks super long. Great bait too!

I’d say she was around 24” inches. And yea.. I get them in winter too. You always hope it’s a bass but you know. 

I’m starting to really like this bait too man. It gets bit.