Noob to swimbaits

Jay

Hello everyone saw somebody wearing a su t shirt today came to check it out. I havent used a swimbait or have a swimbait rod or anything looking to buy some gear what suggestions does anyone have.. what kind of line, reel etc? looking forward for some feedback thanks

Hello everyone saw somebody wearing a su t shirt today came to check it out. I havent used a swimbait or have a swimbait rod or anything looking to buy some gear what suggestions does anyone have.. what kind of line, reel etc? looking forward for some feedback thanks

I'll warn you...its more addicting than crack :lol:

You will get a million suggestions on gear to buy and they will probably be good suggestions. If I was starting out I would probably get an Okuma 7'6"H and pair it with about any big round reel. Maybe a Cardiff or an Abu 6500. For line, I use Trilene big game almost exclusively. There are literally hundreds of baits that will catch you fish. If you are gonna pick up a few, cover the bases. I'd get a slammer, maybe a 6" BBZ, 6" hudds are great. Do some research and see what baits people are throwing. I am also trying to build up a collection of baits and man it is expensive! Good luck and welcome!

Okuma 7'11" MH with a Cardiff or Millionaire-S (both are very affordable). If you have a low-pro reel with a gear ratio close to 5:1, it would also work fine.

Soft Baits:

6" Rising Son

6" weedless Hudd

3:16 soft gill

Hard baits:

Slammer

6" BBZ (they come in both sinking and floating versions)

7" or 8" Triple Trout

To start, keep it simple. Pick a couple of proven baits that work in your area and learn how to fish them before you start buying up a bunch of stuff.

@ London mitch yea man i saw your shirt and checked it out!!!! Thats awesome hahahaha I wanted to ask you a million questions but didn't want to hold you up since you were leaving. Yea like I was telling you I don't have any swim bait gear yet but I'm going to try to invest shortly