Getting a TK to suspend

NEbucketmouth19

I've been putting my TK to good use with the water getting into the 40's here in the Northeast. I've heard people talk over and over about fishing these like a jerkbait. Are you guys able to get these to truly suspend? I'm fishing a low-float, stock lip, gonna play with the stock tail vs. V tail. I've been using like 5 or 6 suspendots (gonna pick up more strips soon). It still rises more than I want and I don't wanna change the color to silver polka dot if you know what I mean haha. How many dots/strips have you found it takes to suspend, or am I better off playing with hardware and upping the hook and split ring size? 

I use the weight strips on the belly of the bait one gram per strip and I’ve got it to suspend for almost 5 seconds before slowly starting to float, that’s with 3 grams added  Best bet IMO would be to start with 2 strips just behind the second hook and add on top of the two strips. I do it on both the klash9 and Tk.  I’ve seen people add the weight in front of the second hook and on the nose as well, it  just hasn’t been productive for me like that. Hope that helps some. 

7B43A760-8A3F-495F-B3E9-6B2B5E107BE4.jpeg

Edited by Azfishinadventures

Has anyone played with feathered trebles at all on these? What I've done on some glides before is take the hook and wrap the shank in some lead wire and then heat shrink it. It comes out pretty clean aside from the heat shrink being black. But I was thinking maybe upsize the stock split rings, go up a size on the ST-35s they come with, and then do the hook mod with lead wire and add some small feathers to dress up the heat shrink a bit. But I'm not sure how much that might deaden the action. If I go that route it'll be a winter project and I'll make a post detailing what I did if it works well. 

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

Storm strips on the hook shank, the shrink tubing over it, super clean looking and no silver flash 

You can usually do 2 to 4 strips depending the hook size/shank 

9809F095-4934-4EC0-928D-10488FB8AF55.jpeg

DD58D126-F000-43AB-A5DE-60A1CB172D9C.jpeg

469C8EA5-9B20-4B4D-9C20-035AFF80C287.jpeg

I agree this looks way better!