Crawlers - The Final Frontier

NEbucketmouth19

On 11/13/2020 at 6:49 PM, NEbucketmouth19 said:

I mostly fish fairly clear lakes. Am I better off with a one piece crawler (less noise) or should I just go with the two-piece (FPJ Monka or 2 piece Battlewing?)

i fish gin clear reservoirs, joint is not important and two piece monka, the battle wing is much more aggressively tuned, it is harder to slow roll it 

On 11/15/2020 at 4:18 AM, WaterWolf44 said:

Alternative lures has a deka blank you can have custom painted any color. I got one coming in the mail

watch out with that. i would buy one from japan with OG hardware. There is a reason the deka dodge wings are so popular. also, the weight of the paint can mess with the action. 

On 11/17/2020 at 5:08 PM, brootalititties said:

I have a monka but I’ve only fished it a couple times and caught dinks. I’ve always fished it at night and the other day I fished it during the day and noticed the action was pretty awful. Absolutely would not start “crawling” until I got it going fairly fast which is not how these are supposed to fish from what I’ve heard. Only thing I can think is that I need to add a snap or split ring? Can someone confirm this. I mostly fish rats on top and I’ve Always tied direct on those as I feel the subtle action/knock gets bit more than a wide swim so I kinda was going with the same idea but I’m thinking that a snap or split will free the bait up to move around on a crawl

edit

i also know these things can be tuned and adjusted, I’ve never screwed with it since I got it but wondering if I need to tweak something. Thanks for any help

hey man, just DM the MLW usa instagram page saying you need a tune up, he will replace hardware and tune it for you.  Also, as a warning do not try to handle fish by laying them on the ground, when they flop they can break the wings and screws. I reccomend lip grippers or cradling them to land, do not lay them down till the bait is unhooked

1 hour ago, Chazzy said:

hey man, just DM the MLW usa instagram page saying you need a tune up, he will replace hardware and tune it for you.  Also, as a warning do not try to handle fish by laying them on the ground, when they flop they can break the wings and screws. I reccomend lip grippers or cradling them to land, do not lay them down till the bait is unhooked

Cool thanks. Dont use Instagram anymore. Did get to watch the tuning video and the guy says you can run a snap or tie direct so I’m guessing it definitely needs a tune