Triple Trout in Texas

Hanks8123

I'm looking to buy some triple trouts and wanted some advice from you guys, particularly anyone in Texas who has thrown them. I know that trout colors do work even though we do not have trout in our lakes but I was wondering if someone had more luck on another color and what size you like. Also any good websites that you guys buy from would be greatly appreciated so that I don't over pay.

Thanks,

Matt

The action on those is so intense I doubt color matters. If a bass is in the mood to feed I'm thinking it's going to clover it regardless of paint job. One oversized reaction bite.

In........deed

×2.....but if you really want some color choices, a nice Bass, Shad, or gill pattern may be nice...but trout definitely works, so don't be afraid of it. I believe Scott Whitmer's original light trout or even dark trout color can be used to imitate a lot of different species.

I throw the 'sexy shad' pattern in the smaller sizes and Koke (silver/blue) in the ten inch. I've also done well with the trout pattern that has the brownish/olive back. Not sure what it's called, something like 'paris special' IIRC. The hitch pattern from TW would probably also do well here.

Where in TX are you?