Mattlures Tournament

balata9999

How are you guys fishing this bait? Is this more of a deep water bottom bouncer or does it fish well in shallower water? Any suspended fish action? I got a few that I am looking to try and just wanted opinions of it and the best ways to fish it. I got some catfish pattern and some hitch. Thanks

im really interested in this too... i ordered three the other day light hitch, dark hitch and light largemouth for starters to try, anybody know how the work? im sure theyre another solid product from mattlures, hopefully someone can reply before i take them out to the water.

All I can comment on is their swimming action, which IMO is much better than the baby bass due to the longer tail section. Seems to allow the bait to swim much easier.

I got them when we still had hard water here in PA and the temps are still in the 30's, so of course nothing caught yet.

Ive fished it a couple times and the bait tends to get down pretty quick, dont know how well itd be as a shallow water bait. I tend to fish my on the bottom like any other bottom swimmer. And like Speed said, it swims ALOT better due to the longer thinner profile and tail section and IMO softer plastic. I think the main difference in his tournament line is the new selection of profiles, i.e hitch, catfish, etc and the improved swimming action. Other than that not really all that different than his other swimming baits.