Northern ohio

Kickinbass1011

6 hours ago, Zase33 said:

Armco has had some big ones also. The place I'm talking about use to be Weatherwax.  Its now a state park. I havent really fished the GMR much for smallies but around spawning times. I got a few buddies that have kayaks and fish it non stop. From Dayton to Middletown all the time. 

Ive never heard of either of those. Where you from?

6 hours ago, Zase33 said:

Armco has had some big ones also. The place I'm talking about use to be Weatherwax.  Its now a state park. I havent really fished the GMR much for smallies but around spawning times. I got a few buddies that have kayaks and fish it non stop. From Dayton to Middletown all the time. 

Oh nvm i seen where you said that earlier

On 12/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, Kickinbass1011 said:

Nice bass bro. So are you an urban fisherman then?

Yeah, but there are no good fishing spots near me, I live in Loveland and the only ponds are neighborhood ponds that had fish kills. 

6 hours ago, ZachThomas said:

Yeah, but there are no good fishing spots near me, I live in Loveland and the only ponds are neighborhood ponds that had fish kills. 

Sucks bro. I dont know if I could do it. But, the urban ponds around me (maybe not as urban as where you are from) while I hardly catch fish out of them, the ones I do catch are giant. So if you have any ponds that have a good population of forage and just a few bass, id be hitting them even harder. Right now even. If they arent frozen that is.

Edited by Kickinbass1011

Man, I am from Ohio and when the late fall-early spring came around I was out there for steelhead!!! I did get into some good bass around some farm ponds though. Also, mid-late spring you can get after some HOG lake run smallies if you’re close enough

53D86F24-ED46-4D06-AA88-0A5B728AFB0E.jpeg

Edited by merkexpress

47 minutes ago, merkexpress said:

Man, I am from Ohio and when the late fall-early spring came around I was out there for steelhead!!! I did get into some good bass around some farm ponds though. Also, mid-late spring you can get after some HOG lake run smallies if you’re close enough

53D86F24-ED46-4D06-AA88-0A5B728AFB0E.jpeg

I am pretty much on the lake. Where abouts you from?