SUB Rule Change?

Csweitzer

After fishing a few monthly SU tournaments and the Battle, I’ve noticed just about everyone, myself included, sandbags their fish. It makes sense, you don’t want your competitors to know what you’ve got. That being said, it makes for a much less interesting week. What if the tie breaker was the first fish entered? I know we don’t typically get ties, but it might encourage people to submit their fish throughout the week and have more entries instead of flooding the last day with  fish. 
Just a thought, it would be fun to see the progression and entries on more than just the final day. 

3 hours ago, Csweitzer said:

After fishing a few monthly SU tournaments and the Battle, I’ve noticed just about everyone, myself included, sandbags their fish. It makes sense, you don’t want your competitors to know what you’ve got. That being said, it makes for a much less interesting week. What if the tie breaker was the first fish entered? I know we don’t typically get ties, but it might encourage people to submit their fish throughout the week and have more entries instead of flooding the last day with  fish. 
Just a thought, it would be fun to see the progression and entries on more than just the final day. 

Sounds like a good idea to me. I don’t usually sandbag anyway but I know why guys do it. Good idea bud.

The other c&r release tournaments with a similar format required pics to be uploaded with 36 hours of the catch. 

One of the main reasons was to reduce stress/mortality rates of fish (talking stripers here but could still apply)

what’s the point of keeping an 8# fish in the live well all day of you know there’s already been a fish larger than yours entered? 

I can see a tie breaker fish or wild card but when guys are entering 10-14lb fish and you know you have no chance id rather see a faster release 

but then again I have no live well and don’t catch big fish so....there’s that. 

39 minutes ago, chefchris said:

The other c&r release tournaments with a similar format required pics to be uploaded with 36 hours of the catch. 

One of the main reasons was to reduce stress/mortality rates of fish (talking stripers here but could still apply)

what’s the point of keeping an 8# fish in the live well all day of you know there’s already been a fish larger than yours entered? 

I can see a tie breaker fish or wild card but when guys are entering 10-14lb fish and you know you have no chance id rather see a faster release 

but then again I have no live well and don’t catch big fish so....there’s that. 

I think what we’re talking about when we say “sandbagging” is not about a guy keeping a fish in his live well all day. It’s about guys catching a good fish, recording it, and then holding off on posting the video and weight until the last day of the tournament in an effort to keep guys from going out more and trying to catch a bigger fish. 
What Chad was saying is that if there was an incentive, like a tiebreaker that goes to the first guy to post his fish, then it might get guys to start posting up their fish as soon as they can instead of waiting until the last minute. 
My opinion is that guys should just post their fish up as soon as they can and just let the chips fall where they may. I understand the competitive strategy but I personally want to win against guys who gave their best effort.