Reel Maintenance and Tweaking

Lucas

I have upgraded a lot of the bearings on my reels and done business exclusively with the Boca Bearing Co on line. The newer web site they have is much easier than the old one that I suggested they make so you can shop easier by reel type. Just select your reel manufacturer then reel model and spinning or baitcaster and then it will show you your options. I usually roll ABEC 7's on my reels and replace them myself after buying from Boca. I really like the ABEC 7 upgrades and eventually will have all 47 of my reels done when I can afford it.

Rich

Can I cuss too? :lol:

Reel Smooth Reels

John Franchot

Use the email user from here, on my profile.

Super Clean Tune & Lube

Casters $20

Spinners $25

400 series or Conventional style $35

Yes, I can get bearings, drags, handle swaps, etc.

Geez, thanks guys, I appreciate the props! I wasn't aware of this site until another customer made me aware of this thread!

I'd be happy to answer any questions, anytime! As for the ABEC 5 ceramics....the reason the ceramic hybrids are perfect for what you guys are doing is that they disipate heat much faster than SS, and the fact that their performance does not drop off significantly when run dry. They can be a tad louder than a SS on SS bearing, but nothing significant.

As for aftermarket drags, it really depends. Some are OK, others cause more problems then they solve IMHO. We can usually solve any drag issue by using

other Shimano made products that will not cause issues.

Anyways....awesome site! I will try and stop by a couple times a week!

Thanks again,

Dan Isaac

ReelEx Express Reel Service

www.reel-ex.com

Geez, thanks guys, I appreciate the props! I wasn't aware of this site until another customer made me aware of this thread!

I'd be happy to answer any questions, anytime! As for the ABEC 5 ceramics....the reason the ceramic hybrids are perfect for what you guys are doing is that they disipate heat much faster than SS, and the fact that their performance does not drop off significantly when run dry. They can be a tad louder than a SS on SS bearing, but nothing significant.

As for aftermarket drags, it really depends. Some are OK, others cause more problems then they solve IMHO. We can usually solve any drag issue by using

Thanks again,

Dan Isaac

http://www.reel-ex.com

I always hear good stuff about your service and turn around time. I need to get a few reels up to you. If I'm not mistaken you do service the Shimano JDM reels?

Thanks again,

Dan Isaac

http://www.reel-ex.com

I always hear good stuff about your service and turn around time. I need to get a few reels up to you. If I'm not mistaken you do service the Shimano JDM reels?

Yes sir, we sure do!