The bass have all gone deep... but the pike are still biting!

MaseMan44

Most of this year was a pretty awful year for pike for me. I never caught them when I was targeting them, only a few times when I was bass fishing. I had never caught them swimbaiting before, but that was a goal I wanted to accomplish. Due to the inconsistent weather, I have been fortunate enough that my lake has not frozen over. I have never been able to open water fish this time of year, so naturally now that I have the chance I have been throwing glides in hope of a monster bass. That has yet to pan out, mostly because my lake has incredibly steep banks so I believe the fish are too low in the water column. That being said, I have still had a ton of fun throwing glidebaits for pike! So far they have loved the Jackall Gantarel, Evergreen ES Flat, and Deps SS 145. I really love pike fishing, minus the fear that they may swim away with one of my baits. Gotta love whenever some type of predator is eating swimbaits though!

IMG_8592.jpg