Hiroshima 11in trout?

MattGbaz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got an 11" in spawning Kokanee early last winter. I wanted to get it mid-late October for the kokanee spawn but I didn't manage to find one quite fast enough. Trying to get my hands on a Fillmore trout color for fishing the rest of the year. In testing it though it swims incredible. You cannot fish slow enough to make it not swim. The sink is super slow, about a foot every five seconds. That being said I wish it were a floater. I don't want a $250 bait sinking should it snap off. Definitely worth the dough though.

bought one in January. just stopped fishing it about 2 weeks ago because we are into post spawn, but throughout the whole winter I pretty much had it tied on. worked very well for me. Swims much better than my hinkle and the hiros seem to be much more consistent. It can slow crawl slower than you can turn the handle or you can burn it on a straight wind and it won't blow out. Has a very good slow wide glide with handle pops. Ive got mine weighted heavy with lead tape, because in these ultra pressure lakes the only way to get bit is to put the bait deep. It also has a fast reel pop retrieve that looks really great. very versatile bait. I fish it on 20lb copoly and size 1 gami round bends.