Noob tips for the magnum

Gdimop96

Been obsessed with the soft baits lately, never had confidence in them until last year.. finally decided to grab one of those hawg hunters. As far as rigging it with stinger goes I think I’m dialed, open to more suggestions though.. my question to you veteran magnum throwers, do you do anything extra with the bait such as rof adjustment, boiling the tail, when is your favorite time to throw it and how? Any tips you think I should know before I hookset it into a rock. God bless

Honestly man its a higher quality Huddleston. It is as simple as that. Fish it how you would a hudd and commit.  You can boil or add sent if you would like but im gunna tell you that a fisherman has got to be doing a lot of other things perfect before that is going  to make a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Honestly man its a higher quality Huddleston. It is as simple as that. Fish it how you would a hudd and commit.  You can boil or add sent if you would like but im gunna tell you that a fisherman has got to be doing a lot of other things perfect before that is going  to make a difference. 

I totally agree, spending time on su definitely won’t get you the results you’re looking for.. unfortunately my waters are frozen or else I’d be out there. Just wanted to know people’s opinions on them but that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the reply 

Has anybody tried the power swivel with split rings for the stinger on the mag? Attach the split rings to the eye behind the hook and put a swivel in between em? Also what’s your favorite treble for stingers? I’m experiencing with the bronze VMCs.

6 hours ago, Kevinzap said:

Has anybody tried the power swivel with split rings for the stinger on the mag? Attach the split rings to the eye behind the hook and put a swivel in between em? Also what’s your favorite treble for stingers? I’m experiencing with the bronze VMCs.

When i got mine i did a little searching on here and some Fb sb sites and it seemed that the most popular stinger hook was the decoy quad hook. Size 1 is what everyone said they ran so that’s what i got for mine. the nice thing about the quad is it rides the back right behind the dorsal perfectly.