Got My Bull Shad

CrankinBass

Got home and saw a package at the door, this beast was inside!! 9'' Bull Shad, can't wait till the water starts warming up!!

That's a big bait ! Good luck , I've done well with mine which so far are the 5" & 6" sizes.

Thats probably the nicest tip you will receive about the BS..... :roll:

No love for the bull shad here?? I've used the search function and I can't really find anything negative.

Can you you please elaborate??

Just gotta search for the "shocking truth" :lol: I got nothing against a bull shad at all, but I've never used one and never will.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7024&hilit=shocking+truth

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1007&hilit=shocking+truth

Thats probably the nicest tip you will receive about the BS..... :roll:

No love for the bull shad here?? I've used the search function and I can't really find anything negative.

Can you you please elaborate??

Just gotta search for the "shocking truth" :lol: I got nothing against a bull shad at all, but I've never used one and never will.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7024&hilit=shocking+truth

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1007&hilit=shocking+truth

WOW!!! Thanks evans_usmc69, Fu*& that dude. That's the lowest of the low. Pictures do not lie. I guess that will be my first and my last. I really hate a thief, but liars I hate with a passion.

WOW!!! Thanks evans_usmc69, Fu*& that dude. That's the lowest of the low. Pictures do not lie. I guess that will be my first and my last. I really hate a thief, but liars I hate with a passion.

No problem, I'm not saying the bait is good, bad, or ugly...well it is ugly :lol: Just giving you the "Shocking Truth". Like I said, never owned one and never will, not because of the bait, but because of the guy that's making it.

I was on the GON forum and saw it all go down well before they deleted posts and all of that other ish where you can't even mention a bull shad or hph without the thread getting locked almost instantly. Mike never once defended himself and to me, silence is guilt, that simple. He did come back on later and still posts some on GON, but never once said a word about that picture or following the shock boat.

I can't bad mouth Mike though, I went to a seminar he did on a float n fly at Nature's Tackle Box and he taught me a lot in those few hours about my 2nd favorite technique. But when it comes to swimbaits, I'll stick to the select regular guys on this forum and trust their judgement and my own judgement on baits :D

Got home and saw a package at the door, this beast was inside!! 9'' Bull Shad, can't wait till the water starts warming up!!

Take that $20 and buy yourself some super glue your gonna need it trust me been there done that

What part of the bait became defective?

I am not going to touch the shockboat subject, that one has been beaten well into submission. I asked Mike about it and his explanation to me was enough for me to get past it. I am a friend of Mike's, there is no pro staff, am not going to sit here and defend him on it I will step up for the bait though. If you knock Mike, that is his deal, his decisions, not mine, but knocking the baits durability is Bull. It is not pretty, but solid as any other. Some of his first ones may have had a joint or two fail, but I will say this: I have caught hundreds of big striped bass in heavy current and have never had a bait break. That is the ultimate torture test you can put a bait through; big fish heading the other way in heavy current and the drag cranked down. If one does have an issue, Mike sends out a brand new one no questions asked. I wouldn't fish it if it wasn't solid.

I am not going to touch the shockboat subject, that one has been beaten well into submission. I asked Mike about it and his explanation to me was enough for me to get past it. I am a friend of Mike's, there is no pro staff, am not going to sit here and defend him on it I will step up for the bait though. If you knock Mike, that is his deal, his decisions, not mine, but knocking the baits durability is Bull. It is not pretty, but solid as any other. Some of his first ones may have had a joint or two fail, but I will say this: I have caught hundreds of big striped bass in heavy current and have never had a bait break. That is the ultimate torture test you can put a bait through; big fish heading the other way in heavy current and the drag cranked down. If one does have an issue, Mike sends out a brand new one no questions asked. I wouldn't fish it if it wasn't solid.

I would like to hear an explanation. Like I said, he never once denied it on the GON boards. He avoided posting in there for a good 2-3 months and never mentioned it on that forum or any other forum that I have found.

As far as the bait, if it works for you, fish the hell out of it. Just because someone doesn't like it or has beef with the maker doesn't mean that you shouldn't own it. It's your money and you can buy what you wish, nobody should knock you for it. With all the drama in swimbaiting, if you didn't buy a bait just because someone had a problem with the bait before or had beef with the maker, you would never purchase one!! I have come close to buying a bull shad multiple times just to try it, even emailed Mike about a custom one....but when it came down to it, I just couldn't do it. I sent Randall a pm instead and got a bait that I am familiar with and know exactly how durable and consistant it would be before it even arrived.

I guess for me it's an ethics thing. I know baits were being stuck in fish's mouth just for a picture way before Mike's incident and it's probably still getting done, but when it's exposed, it becomes an issue. Just like with MLB. We all cheered McGwire, Sosa, & Bonds when they were hitting 60-70 homeruns a year, knowing that the possibility of steroids was there even though they denied it at the time. But when we all found out for sure they were taking them, everyone felt betrayed. That level of betrayel can never be repaired no matter what is said.

Here is what I KNOW i broke two baits back half pulled out. Got another friend that broke 4 same way and a guy that lives on varner broke a couple. Just 2 weeks ago on BBC a guy was selling one that was cracked and said he super glue it back together and was selling it. So i know they break and wont be trying them again. I only caught about 6 fish on the first one and 2 on the next. Bad feeling when a $50 baits breaks on you. Maybe there are good ones out there but I dont want to try and figure out if I got one or not. Good luck with your new bait.