whats your opinion on...

SwimbaitsatLMV

Nate's bait? Please only givesyour full an honest REVIEW of the bait... we already know the "joints and design" debate but I want facts. Right now I am on a super hot baby bass bite with the baby wake and. BAss wake Jr. The cold front pushed the fish deeper and/ or suspended, so I need a sinking bass bait. Obviously 6" bass freestyles are a little hard to come by :lol:

so what is your honest view? Freely free to pm if you don't want to be seen with one :roll:8-)

Thanks guys, and lets keep it civil?

Aj

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensitive subject I know. I only know 2 guys that I can call and will make me what I want to the detail. 1 is John Hopkins and the other is Nate. I called Nate looking for a 6" bait and asked that he used frog hooks and recessed the shanks in the bait and held them in with a magnet. It took quite a while to get them but he is working on a masters, works and likes to fish himself. I got a call and he was disappointed it took him so long. Long story short, he sent me 3 free 6" bass baits in various sink rates for free and is working on others for me as well. I have not been able to fish much lately due to work, school and other projects but I am happy with the baits and the quality of construction and the action of the bait. I just have not fished it much or any other swimbaits in the last 3 weeks

Rich

Hope I don’t get bashed for responding but…..

I have three of his 6" trout baits and I really enjoy using them. The silverside has really been producing fish me, but not any big ones.....yet.

If you are looking for the same "S" action as a FS forget it though, this baits have a tighter wiggle and less action on the retrieve, but will jet off to the side when paused or twitched. I have used them side to side with the FS shad and gotten mixes results; I think it depends on what the fish are in the mood for. I like to go back and forth to see which one triggers a strike; it is nice to have an alternative when fishing is slow. I am looking forward to trying it side to side with a 6" FS trout.

You mentioned that you wanted to get deeper so you might want to send him and e-mail and ask for a deep runner, the slow sinks that I have drop about 6" a second.

You guys crack me up!! I don't care what you or anyone else fishes and I'm sure the others could care less either!! It's these stupid "I hope I don't get bashed" statements that are unnecessary!! If you have a bait and have experience with it, post it up!! If you're smashing fish post it up, period!! It get's old with these leading/disclaimer statements to ask a question!! Again, who cares!! If you see a bait and you think it's going to help you, buy it, fish it, report about it, PERIOD!!!

That is my opinion too, but you would be surprised how.amny people pmed me :lol: The general concensus(SP) is that people rarely throw it but they have caught small fish on it. I just need a bait for the down time between the 6" fs bass release. I prefer bass baits, and am trying to find some unused trout baits.

Thank you all for the honest responses guys, I feel that that is what this forum is for :D

Btw, I got one on the way, so I will give a full honest review of the bait on this thread.

Nate's baits are awesome. He's the only guy I know that you can call up and have him make a bait for you, and pait it any color you want. His craftsmanship is awesome. I just got these in the mail from him today. Can wait for the damn ice to melt around me to get out and get them wet! My honest opinion, they're awesome!

post-525-14252984981911_thumb.jpg

Got mine a few weeks ago. Got lucky and he had a batch made right when I had emailed him. So far ive fished it once and it has a really fluid motion to it, doesnt have a really erratic action, more of a natural slow kick. Fished it from the shore and had a few fish chase it to the shore but not commit. Then, I casted it out and the bait came back without a tail. Sent it back next day to him and he has one on the way back to me and will reimburse me for my shipping.

Got mine a few weeks ago. Got lucky and he had a batch made right when I had emailed him. So far ive fished it once and it has a really fluid motion to it, doesnt have a really erratic action, more of a natural slow kick. Fished it from the shore and had a few fish chase it to the shore but not commit. Then, I casted it out and the bait came back without a tail. Sent it back next day to him and he has one on the way back to me and will reimburse me for my shipping.

I know I wont be ordering from him anytime soon, this isnt the only time ive seen that the bait fell apart, JUNK if you ask me. I want to feel confident that my bait will hold up and not fall apart. Goodluck with your new tail and hopefully that will be the only problem with it.

I'll buy a couple if I can....They look really nice

problem is if your not in the know, you miss a chance to get one and be stuck watching classifieds and auctions for outrageously priced baits.